well hello ! finally the time has come where I have found some time to do some animation related work on my project Bristol safari, it seems a very long time since I was last able to do some work – 2 weeks and 1 day to be procise ! and no work getting done means no blog postd which is why blog wise I have been very quiet. the reason – the world of work calls , its really a bit of a difficult circle you need a paid job to fund projects ( and generally live ) however when your working full time , you might have the money but then no time. But today I had my first day off where nothing else needed my attention.
I started of applying to volunteer at a animation and film festival happening this November in Bristol, The film is called bristol encounters , international film festival ( see site here http://www.encounters-festival.org.uk/ ) I’ve not yet attended any previous years to this festival but it looks like a real main event , I am personally looking forward to networking and looking at the standard of work watching for ways to improve my own work. I’ve also booked the entire week of work for the occasion so I can be fully available if i do get chosen to volunteer ( if this is the case I will be very lucky as they only take on 40 ) If not chosen then I still very much plan to attend and learn and network as much as possible this week.
Ther second thing I managed to get onto again today was those magnificant crab legs ( yup still on that ) today I started making the actual fleshy parts of the legs for this I sculpted the leg parts around the armature using super sculpey and then carefully peeled them off , keeping them in the same position and shape as much as possible and then baking them before sculpting the other half to each leg.
The first side of each leg came out really well and once they had cooled and hardened clipped really nicely onto the armature parts, the second lot flopped a little and lost shape in the oven , so what I will have to do here I think is try and file down the rough edges and then attach them to the armature and fill in any gaps with plasticine once this is done I plan to complete they body of the spoon crab , make my fire cracker ( the next creature to come ((more on that soon)) ) and then get some animation tests done. I’m hoping this will all get done in the next few weeks but realistically now I only have a few days off a week to work on this project I am aiming for the puppets to be made and to have done tests with them by the time the bristol encounters festival starts which is the 14th of nov.
Thanks for staying tuned in faithful followers I was surprised to see that people have still been looking at my blog despite my absence which is very nice to see 🙂 more coming soon !!