These last couple of weeks I have been working of various stop motion fire techniques. I did a few more experiments with feathers and cotton wool and then moved on to acetate and paper cut out.
And this is the bodge job I did of creating below the table lighting however I need to get a less powerful light as after just half an hour of animating my flames started smoking a bit and my set melting – think I might of just escaped creating an actual fire
Luckily nothing actually caught fire and below is my series of fire tests which I am fairly happy with , I think I will be using the acetate flames for fire on the ground and maybe more feathery type fire for the actual llama – not sure how I’m attaching the fire to llama but that will be experimenting with over the next month or so
Just a short update this week. I have started experimenting with stop motion fire techniques. This week I used feathers , coloured lighting and the timeless stop motion animators old friend cotton wool 🙂
Here is the link to my first experiment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSYLQW6zWMU&feature=youtu.be
I’ve also started the making of my Christmas presents and made my first batch of organic home made soap which is quite exciting – making Christmas presents takes a bit more time but is so much more fun than shopping !
well it’s been an exciting couple of weeks since my last post ! Last week I had the opportunity of running an animation workshop for a youth club for autistic children in Bristol. There was a group of about 8 – 10 Kids between the ages of around 10 – 13. I set up 3 different area’s that they could go to, there was : story boarding , For this I just supplied some blank storyboards/ comic strips and some pens. Model making: I made up some pre existing simple plasticine models with a simple wire armature for the head and arms, I then made some extra simple armatures and bought them along with some plasticine so they could have ago at building their own models/puppets. Animating, I had a table set up with 2 laptops and some pre made backgrounds , which some of the children used to animate their models against. I also had a still camera with a tripod set up which some of the boys had great fun pixelating ( animating each other ) with. They were a lovely group of kids , high in energy and really enthusiastic about animation which meant it was all just great fun.
Below is a link to an animation who was made by a girl called Ruby its called “Take that! at the beach”
In other exciting news I passed my driving test this week ! which is exciting in it’s self but also means I can now spend all my spare time and money on my animated projects and in my studio. I’m also hoping to get a car in the new year which will hopefully make running more workshops a good possibility